At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Scarface Claims to be Done With Rap - Moving Onto Politics

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Geto Bys Suffered a loss when Bushwick Bill died earlier this month, now making the Geto Boys a thing of the past.

In a recent interview, fellow MC Scarface (Real name Brad Jordan) emphatically stated his rapping days are over, and that he wanted to pursue a career in politics.

For me, it's done. I like the idea of politics" he said.

Scarface recently announced his plans to run for Houston City Council last week - something he had been contemplating since 2017.

"This is gonna be my start in politics" he explained. "I want to get my legs up under me before I run for governor before I run for mayor."

Scarface also opened up about why he wants to get into politics as well, and it has a lot to do with his upbringing.

Growing up, I got a chance to witness a lot of struggle in my neighborhood,” he said. “A lot of people struggled, myself included. As I got older, I noticed that there was still a lot of struggling going on. If it wasn’t drugs, it was no jobs. If it wasn’t no jobs, it was people out loitering, hanging out, getting into trouble.

“I’m 48 years old and that’s been going on before me. I wanna take it upon myself to fix the situation. I think I have some new, fresh ideas. I think that the traditional way of doing politics is over now. Let’s come up with some real solutions.”
Right now, Scarface has grand plans for the future, with a possible run for president one day. Until then though, he said he doesn't need any backers for his current race.

“I’m not gonna need them on this one,” he said. “I’ll call them when I run for governor or president. I’m gonna run. Gimmie four to eight years.”

For now, Scarface is preparing for the Houston City Council Race, and coping with the loss of his friend Bushwick.
“We never had a bad relationship,” he said of Bushwick. “We just bumped heads like rams. But all in all, we were alright. Him passing, as sad as it is, that’s just something we have to look forward to in life. We’re not gonna live forever. I was blessed enough to know that little dude. A brilliant little soul.

“He was smart, and he was very difficult to deal with. He was extremely set in his ways, and you had to respect Bill. We gon’ miss him.”