Soulja Boy’s Influence Is Unmatched

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopstical

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Huffington Post wrote an article on Soulja Boy that is quite interesting. I never thought of him doing much for hip hop but this changed my mind a bit.
Twelve years ago, equipped with nothing more than a YouTube account and a computer program colloquially called Fruity Loops, Soulja Boy, then 17 years old, released a song-and-dance combination that would spark the beginning of a new era in hip-hop.

“Crank That (Soulja Boy)” is not a particularly intricate song or dance. And it’s not supposed to be. The song’s beauty ― and influence ― lie in how simple yet infectious it is. The track begins with a loud “Yuuuuuuuu,” the beat drops and Soulja Boy tells you how to perform one of the most recognizable dance sequences ever conceived.
Read more here: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/so ... aa26bdf3a8

I remember the dude and his music. I felt it was overrated but a lot of people really were feeling it so I have to give my props to the dude for being 17 and doing what he did.
WishSlayr

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:33 am

I will tip my hat to this but he is a joke when it comes to trying to get into the gaming industry. It isn't cause he is young or black, it is because he keeps attempting to sell bootleg gaming on knockoffs made in China for overpriced costs. That area in his life is a mess.
cryztals

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 am

I can't take anything Huff writes as serious but I did read what you put in the OP.

I can't agree with any of this. Sorry. The dude happened to have a few catchy hits that a lot of women and teens enjoyed. He didn't do anything impactful at all.
m3xtack

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:08 am

cryztals wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:53 am
I can't take anything Huff writes as serious but I did read what you put in the OP.

I can't agree with any of this. Sorry. The dude happened to have a few catchy hits that a lot of women and teens enjoyed. He didn't do anything impactful at all.
He did a lot for his age. I think that is the point they are getting across. He also started out online and on his own which is hard to do, especially back then.
Lil P

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 pm

I remember hearing about his gaming console thing and thought it was a legit joke. Then I dug a bit and come to find it was 100% legit... I LOST IT! LMAO!!
Yo-She

Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Lil P wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 pm
I remember hearing about his gaming console thing and thought it was a legit joke. Then I dug a bit and come to find it was 100% legit... I LOST IT! LMAO!!
SAAAME! My friend and I were losing it. She kept joking about it saying she is going to make bootlegs of everything now since Soulja did it. Just take a trip to China. lol I swear man, China set the bar for making knockoffs.