At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Lawsuit Against Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella & EMI Publishing

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
WishSlayr

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 am

So I heard something about this and I wanted to see if it was true cause you know how rumors are. I feel like if he is indeed owed money, why not just talk it out with Jay Z instead of getting lawyers involved. That is what I don't get. Are they not on good terms or something? The details are below.
Kanye West reportedly filed two lawsuits earlier today against his former label and EMI Publishing. Kanye claims he signed an exclusive deal with Roc-A-Fella. Although the suit is heavily redacted, he's demanding the money he's owed. He's also requesting the declaration of rights over a dispute he's having. His suit against EMI April Music simply claims they owe him over a music dispute.

The rapper claims he signed a contract with EMI in 2003, a year before his debut album College Dropout was released. He claims that by the end of 2011, he had written, both individually and with other writers, more than 200 track with the rights of those songs going to EMI. The lawsuit didn't specify which songs he was referring to, but the publication claims it's some of his most influential and successful tracks.
from - https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/kanye-west ... 70410.html

cryztals

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 am

I would imagine they aren't on level ground considering Kayne supports Trump and Jay Z clearly does not. I could be wrong but I have to assume this is the case since this is generally how people react these days. It amazes me that so many men in Hip Hop idolized Trump in the 80s and 90s and now they basically want him to die.
m3xtack

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:07 am

cryztals wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 am
I would imagine they aren't on level ground considering Kayne supports Trump and Jay Z clearly does not. I could be wrong but I have to assume this is the case since this is generally how people react these days. It amazes me that so many men in Hip Hop idolized Trump in the 80s and 90s and now they basically want him to die.
I don't even think it is him supporting Trump that is the problem, it is the image that follows it and I don't think Jay Z wants to associate with it.
Lil P
Canada

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm

Dude better get his money if he is due it. Seems a bit shady to owe one of your most successful artists money and you are beating around the bush about it. I actually don't care much for Jay Z anymore. Not since he supported Hillary. Not because she is a Democrat (I am myself) but because she is a known criminal who hates blacks.
Yo-She

Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Who owns EMI? Is that Jay Z as well or is that a group owned organization?

I hope Kayne gets this resolved if it is true. He may be rich but that don't mean he should be screwed out of money his music earned.
redMT2

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:07 pm

Any new update on this? I haven't heard anything since the story broke. Maybe they are coming to some kind of agreement or something?