At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Tyler The Creator Fan Masters His Musical Formula In 2 Minutes

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 pm

A fan of Tyler the Creator who goes by Left At London put Tyler's musical aptitude to the test and recorded a video showing how easy it is to master his musical formula.

The video received a lot of attention to the point that Tyler himself shared it to his Twitter page and just had one critique for the fan

“I LEGIT LAUGHED THIS LOWKEY SPOT ON OMG, (YOU FORGOT THE ‘AYO’ THO),”

he wrote in the caption.

In the original video, the fan - a Trans Artist from Seattle - began with a simple piano chord before adding in drums.

You’ve got the bass riff, you’ve got the piano riff, you’ve got the drums, except something’s not right,” she explains. “There isn’t an out-of-key synth that is nowhere near the original key of the song. There it is. Now, the background vocals have to normally be some kind of semblance of you talking int a pitch-down voice saying ‘fuck,’ ‘yeah,’ ‘shit’ and ‘uh.’ That’s it.”
From there, she goes on to dissect the lyrical content and takes note of Tyler's evolution from a "Homophobic psychopath" to "a lonely gay man who made the Grinch soundtrack."

ShArk
United States of America

Thu May 02, 2019 1:39 am

That is pretty funny. I do like a fan that can rib and the artist who can take the jabs. Well done on both sides. I enjoyed this. haha!
Lil P
Canada

Sat May 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Why they gotta say "trans artist"? Like aren't trans people trying to just be normal people? I don't get these labels. They all want to feel equal yet they all have these labels slapped on them that makes them either inferior or "better than others".
Yo-She

Tue May 07, 2019 1:39 am

Tyler has always had a good approach to his music and his fans. He is chill as hell and makes friends everywhere he goes. I like the dude a lot.
skrilZZ
United States of America

Tue May 07, 2019 2:05 am

First time I saw that music video, that face creeped me out man lol I never been a fan of the horror genre so seeing someone else's face "stitched on" another person yikes. lol I like that post though, that is hilarious!
Xport

Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 am

Maybe I am being insensitive here but why do all trans people have to state they are trans if they just wanna be like everyone else and treated the same?? I don't get that. Nice work though, I enjoyed the vid.
cuTterz

Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 am

skrilZZ wrote:
First time I saw that music video, that face creeped me out man lol I never been a fan of the horror genre so seeing someone else's face "stitched on" another person yikes. lol I like that post though, that is hilarious!
Yeah I kind of felt the same but you know it isn't legit. It is just sending a message more than anything. It is an interesting take of the reverse blackface.
skrilZZ
United States of America

Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm

cuTterz wrote:
skrilZZ wrote:
Yeah I kind of felt the same but you know it isn't legit. It is just sending a message more than anything. It is an interesting take of the reverse blackface.
I don't think it is meant to be a "reverse blackface" though because blackface was often used in comedy, this is more of an expression of being accepted as a black man in a very white suburban area.
cuTterz

Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 pm

skrilZZ wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm
cuTterz wrote:
skrilZZ wrote:
I don't think it is meant to be a "reverse blackface" though because blackface was often used in comedy, this is more of an expression of being accepted as a black man in a very white suburban area.
Ah yeah, you are right. After watching the video again I see exactly what you mean. Still creeps me out though lol