At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Tyra Banx aka Tyra Banks

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
redMT2

Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Tyra Banks jumped out of retirement when she debuted her gorgeous self on the cover of summer 2019's Sports Illustrated. The 45-year-old was the first black woman to grace the magazine solo in 1997 and now that she's back to posing in front of the camera, she's also announced a new name for her modeling self to go by.

"I want me coming out of retirement to be bigger than me, and for me to represent women to say, enough of this cookie-cutter thing," she added to the publication. "As much as we've progressed with beauty, there's still a long way to go of opening up the door and redefining what it means, and so that X stands for 'X what you heard about what beauty means.' We are making a new rule that so many more people can fit into this beauty box. Let's bust the box open."

Source: https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/tyra-banks ... 79598.html

I like the message and I am happy she is able to love herself without being the size of a pencil. Too many women in the modeling industry are unhealthy and thin.

shad0ws

Sat May 11, 2019 12:16 am

I always thought it was funny how so many women are talking about needing to lose weight of be a smaller size. Men like curves. Some men like small ones, some like big ones, as long as your body is proportioned, plenty of men will dig you. Good on Tyra... Not so sure about the name change. lol
g code
United States of America

Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 am

She has a good attitude but her pic is still heavily airbrushed, touched up, and all that. So yeah, great attitude but put your money where your mouth is cause we all know this is still hella edited.
cuTterz

Mon May 13, 2019 1:21 am

g code wrote:
She has a good attitude but her pic is still heavily airbrushed, touched up, and all that. So yeah, great attitude but put your money where your mouth is cause we all know this is still hella edited.
Gottem! I hope people realize that even these "body acceptance" movements don't really show off real bodies. You want to see a real female body, watch some unedited hip hop music videos.
HipHopstical
United States of America

Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 am

I'll start taking these ladies serious when they end it with all the editing. I get it, you want your pic to look nice but most people only see pics of you so you make a lot of young girls think you look 100'x better than is even achievable.
cryztals

Wed May 15, 2019 8:36 pm

HipHopstical wrote:
I'll start taking these ladies serious when they end it with all the editing. I get it, you want your pic to look nice but most people only see pics of you so you make a lot of young girls think you look 100'x better than is even achievable.
The pictures look great but they do paint a false image to impressionable people. Like I know that these women don't look this good irl but a lot of people don't.
g code
United States of America

Thu May 23, 2019 12:04 am

cuTterz wrote:
g code wrote:
Gottem! I hope people realize that even these "body acceptance" movements don't really show off real bodies. You want to see a real female body, watch some unedited hip hop music videos.
Exactly! I mean if Nicki is in it, chances are she is being edited to look better but most of the other women are not.
cuTterz

Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 pm

g code wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:04 am
cuTterz wrote:
g code wrote:
Exactly! I mean if Nicki is in it, chances are she is being edited to look better but most of the other women are not.
The front runners of music videos, especially women, are heavily edited. Some men are too. I guess this is their way of making them appear flawless and it is a shame people still fall for this.
HipHopstical
United States of America

Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 pm

cryztals wrote:
HipHopstical wrote:
The pictures look great but they do paint a false image to impressionable people. Like I know that these women don't look this good irl but a lot of people don't.
I think this is the case for most teens and younger people. The older you get, the more you realize how much of the world online and in pictures, video, etc. is fake.
cryztals

Thu May 30, 2019 2:04 am

HipHopstical wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 pm
cryztals wrote:
HipHopstical wrote:
I think this is the case for most teens and younger people. The older you get, the more you realize how much of the world online and in pictures, video, etc. is fake.
I actually talked to my younger cousin about this. She is 15. She didn't understand just how edited people are. She didn't even know YouTube ladies use filters either for their videos, that is why they look like they can do flawless make-up. It is all a sham.