At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

My girl might be pregnant....

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
ShArk
United States of America

Sat May 18, 2019 1:55 am

I'm on the younger side so I don't own a house or have a reliable car, I end up in between jobs now and then too... Needless to say, I am not ready to be raising a kid.

She is not 100% sure if she is or not but she feels like she is. She took 5 tests, 2 said she was, 3 said she wasn't so she is scheduled to go in and have a lab test done by her doc to see. I am a bit worried here. Like I don't want her to feel obligated to get rid of the baby, I couldn't live with myself with that but I also hate the idea of her needing to give it up for adoption cause neither one of us are prepared.

Any advice?

Lil P
Canada

Sun May 19, 2019 12:57 am

You don't want her to get an abortion but you are also worried you are not prepared... But you also don't want someone to adopt it.

Looks like if she is, you already have your answer on what you will do.
Yo-She

Sun May 19, 2019 1:09 am

I would say that you should worry about all this after you find out. If she is on the same boat as you, which I am assuming she is? Then this will be easier.

If she is pregnant, you are almost certainly going to keep it so you will want to save up as much as you can over the next 9 months to have a nice nest to fall back on. Babies aren't cheap but there are things that do make it cheaper to raise one... Use washable diapers, natural breastfeeding, and not overspending on clothing or toys. Go to someplace like Good Will for odds and ends that won't last long.
JakeB0MB

Sun May 19, 2019 1:43 am

Let us know when you find out. I know someone online, I can give her your e-mail. She helped me out in a similar situation big time.
redMT2

Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Lil P wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:57 am
You don't want her to get an abortion but you are also worried you are not prepared... But you also don't want someone to adopt it.

Looks like if she is, you already have your answer on what you will do.
Was going to say the same. Just hang in there dude, children can complicate things and it certainly ain't easy but very few people prepare for it or are prepared.
g code
United States of America

Thu May 23, 2019 12:12 am

If you want it, which I think you do... Then you be the best damn father you can be. I have two young boys. The first one was nearly aborted because my girlfriend at the time was terrified. We went to planned parenthood to get the test done to verify she was pregnant and they were pressuring her to get an abortion because she was only 16. Thankfully her mother talked her out of it cause she didn't want to listen to me. I can't stand when people kill their own children like this.
ShArk
United States of America

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:48 am

Sorry for the delay guys. She ended up not being pregnant. After we had a long talk about what would have happened had she been, we decided to take a break. She told me should is almost 100% certain she would have aborted it and honestly, I can't commit to someone like that. We didn't get heated but I told her it comes with sex, it is always a risk and I can't risk my future child's life with someone who isn't ready.
Lil P
Canada

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 am

ShArk wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:48 am
Sorry for the delay guys. She ended up not being pregnant. After we had a long talk about what would have happened had she been, we decided to take a break. She told me should is almost 100% certain she would have aborted it and honestly, I can't commit to someone like that. We didn't get heated but I told her it comes with sex, it is always a risk and I can't risk my future child's life with someone who isn't ready.
I feel you. I am sorry this happened though but at least you made the right choice. A lot of dudes would stay and just hope for the best.
skrilZZ
United States of America

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:13 am

Nothing will transform you into a man more than having a child. Don't take the easy way out, put a ring on it and WORK HARD. You'll be rewarded for your efforts, believe me.