At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Parents always fighting

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
cuTterz

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 am

This is coming from my younger cousin. He was staying with me for a few weeks while his dad was out of town and his mom stayed with her sister.

I guess his parents were fighting a lot and it is no secret in the family that they have had some issues for some time now but it is getting worse. His dad needs to get surgery and itsn't taking anything seriously so his mom is losing it. He is only 12 so it is hard to actually give him advice. He is old enough to know there are issues and he feels like some of it is his fault.

What do you tell a kid in his position? They sound like they are heading for divorce.

WishSlayr

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 pm

It is hard to be in a position of helping someone like this out cause he is just a kid. I would maybe make sure he knows it isn't his fault so he doesn't spend the next several years acting out.
cryztals

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 pm

I grew up with some parental drama and it isn't fun or easy. It is even worse when you have both parents forcing the kids to take sides. My mom still does that with me to this day and when I refuse she turns it on me and blames me. He won't realize what isn't his fault until he is older.