Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-26 00:47:31

lazytuesdays

Can you get financial help when you have a bipolar disorder?

I know for some mental health illnesses, some people can get financial support from the government if they are not able to work but what if a person is able to work, just not a lot and not consistently? Would they still qualify for some kind of financial aid?

#2 2020-06-27 22:08:47

BlueClover

Re: Can you get financial help when you have a bipolar disorder?

Yes, in the US you can apply for Social Security Disability if you have this condition. The process may be easy and short or hard and long. It depends on the state and your general information. They will need medical records and documentation to prove the condition.

#3 2020-06-28 23:32:55

RedRuuby

Yeah, you can, I am in the process of applying right now. I am not sure where you are located but if you want, you can DM me and I will let you know the process I went through thus far and everything I know about it.

#4 2020-06-30 20:53:18

shatteredbits

Yup! You can get financial help for any mental disorder. You just need to know who to get in touch within your state. There are websites that will direct you online. Just Google search it with your state, it should be the first website that pops up.

Board footer