Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-28 23:42:17

RedRuuby

Can anxiety be brought on out of no where and go away eventually?

I have been worried about my recent diagnosis of bipolar so much so I started having bad anxiety from it. I get nervous, worried, and on edge all the time now and I just don't know how to cope with it. I am wondering if anxiety is something that can go away on itself own if it was brought on because of a lifechanging event?

#2 2020-06-30 20:44:38

shatteredbits

Re: Can anxiety be brought on out of no where and go away eventually?

I think most people experience anxiety just not on a regular basis. If something scares you enough, you can develop panic attacks and then your worry switched over to being about panic attacks and it can be a cycle. My doctor told me anxiety and panic attacks are some of the easiest things to fix because they often don't require medication and can be handled through thought therapy such as CBT.

#3 2020-07-01 22:58:36

gregfritz

Re: Can anxiety be brought on out of no where and go away eventually?

In your case, it likely will just go away on its own over time. I think the post above is correct. It is a normal reaction to something like this so try not to worry too much about it.

Board footer